Help:Editing & Formatting/WikEd Toolbar
The WikEd toolbar is a very powerful integrated text editor. It's not really WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) but WYSIWYM (what you see is what you mean). Currently it only works for Mozilla browsers such as Firefox. It's client-based, i.e. if it may slow down your browser it's not the "server's fault".
Using this is no must, it's just an option. If it gets on your nerves, don't use it. We recommend this only to more advanced users. Play around and enjoy.
Activate / Deactivate
It can be generally activated in your user preferences under "Gadgets". Just check "WikEd toolbar" and save. It is now active.
The active status can be seen the upper right: . Just go and edit some page to see it working. You can disable it clicking the icon so it switches to .
You can also deactivate it while you edit (e.g. when the you don't need the syntax highlighting atm). To toggle between the standard Editor toolbar and WikEd just click the or the next button in the very right box. If you activate it while editing, be sure to deactivate before saving (bug).
- If you think this has too many bugs try turning off the syntax highlighting with . It's much lighter then.
- The standard Editor Toolbar can be used in combination with WikEd, although the insert function don't place the cursor where it does without WikEd.
- There are too many functions / options to explain here while half of them are quite useless for MixesDB (but it's better not to remove them). See the general description.
- The syntax highlighting doesn't refresh while you type.
- For tracklists the button is quite useful as it adds # (for auto-numbering) in front of every marked row...
- In tracklists (when using # in front) you can convert copy-pasted Hyperlinks into wiki markup using the wikify button .
- Example: Link >> [http://www.mixesdb.com/w/Main_Page Link]
- We will see if we can expand the find / replace functions with some "Tracklist cleaner" option.
- Also check the new buttons below the edit section. Use for a preview, cos it will load below and feels more comfortable than loading above.
- is useful to change marked UPPER CASE or lower case text to Normal Capped Text.